Feb 21, 2024
The CAD Credential prepares successful completers for entry-level positions in a wide variety of industries that employ those with these skills. These industries include both advanced manufacturing as well as green technology. This credential consists of four courses:
MFG 109 Fundamental Concepts of Metrology
MFG 111 AutoCAD
MFG 112 Solid Modeling I
MFG 293 Manufacturing Internship
This credential is stackable into the Manufacturing Certificate program. Students may take this Microcredential as credit bearing or non-credit bearing.
Upon completion of the CAD Microcredential, students will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Draw, modify, annotate and dimension an accurate drawing
- Create and apply a CAD template file
- Print/plot a CAD template file
- Create bottom-up assemblies of multiple parts
- Create part configurations
- Create drawings of parts and assemblies
- Demonstrate professional and technical skills in an office environment
This Microcredential prepares students to be ready to enter the workforce as an entry level CAD designer.