This credential consists of five courses:
MFG 109 Fundamental Concepts of Metrology
MFG 209 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
MFG 106 CNC Programmer
MFG 105 CNC Operator
MFG 107 Computer Aided Manufacturing
This credential is stackable into the Manufacturing Certificate program. Students may take this Microcredential as credit bearing or non-credit bearing.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the CNC Programmer Microcredential, students will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Understand how to read a blueprint and inspect a part to a blueprint
- Demonstrate how to design two parts that fit together taking into consideration the cost to manufacture the parts
- Demonstrate set-up and safe operation of a CNC machine
- Create, enter and debug a program for a CNC machine
- Create and control CAM generated tool paths
This Microcredential prepares students to be ready to enter the workforce as an entry level CNC Programmer.