This credential consists of two courses:
1) MFG 109 Fundamental Concepts of Metrology
2) MFG 140 CNC Fundamentals
This credential is stackable into the Manufacturing Certificate program. Students may take this Microcredential as credit bearing or non-credit bearing.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the CNC Pre-Apprenticeship Microcredential, students will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
Students will be able to:
1) Correctly interpret technical drawings for basic mechanical parts and assemblies,
2) Perform the basic measurements, calculations, and quantitative reasoning necessary in a manufacturing environment,
3) Describe the steps required for safe operation of a CNC Milling machine,
4) Demonstrate the correct use of the machine control unit,
5) Interpret programming concepts such as word addresses, G & M codes,
6) Manufacture a part on the CNC machining center
This Microcredential prepares students to be ready to enter the workforce at an entry level machine operator or as an apprentice in one of the advanced manufacturing trades.