This credential consists of three courses:
1) MFG 130 / FAS 103 Intro to Commercial Sewing, 3 cr.
2) MFG 131 /FAS 131 Intro to Patternmaking, 3 cr.
3) A choice of 1 of 3 courses below, 3 cr.:
MFG 132 / FAS 132 Fit Analysis
MFG 230 / FAS 230 Grading, Markers, Laser Cutting
MFG 231 / FAS 231 Tech Packs
This credential is stackable into the Manufacturing Certificate program. Students may take this Microcredential as credit bearing or non-credit bearing.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the Cut & Sew Microcredential, students will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
Students will be able to:
1) Demonstrate how to operate and troubleshoot a variety of industrial sewing machines
2) Identify major types of fabric and describe their characteristics and uses
3) Demonstrate how to read, layout, and alter commercial patterns
4) Demonstrate how to take body measurements correctly
5) Construct a sample garment with first run patterns
6) Compare various sizing standards and sizing specifications
7) Utilize industry terminology as it relates to communicating with factories
8) Design and sew a test garment.
This Microcredential prepares students to be ready to enter the workforce at an entry level cut & sew manufacturing position or as an apprentice in one of the cut & sew related advanced manufacturing trades.