Associate in Science Degree Program
Hegis Code: 5004
This two‐year Business Administration Program leads to an Associate in Science degree and is recommended for students who have definite transfer plans and career aspirations that necessitate further study at four‐year colleges and universities to attain the B.S. degree in one of the business‐related fields, such as accounting or marketing.
Student Learning Outcomes
At the completion of the AS in Business Administration Degree program, a student will be able to
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to employees, customers, supervisors, co‐workers, and others in the course of a business career;
- Use business computer applications to analyze data, make business decisions, and effectively convey information to others;
- Understand micro‐ and macroeconomic theories and apply them to explain and predict events in the environment in which business operates;
- Read and understand a legal contract;
- Demonstrate knowledge of financial statements and make managerial decisions based on financial data;
- Understand and apply the functions of management in business situations;
- Develop techniques of working productively with others.
Upon completion of a baccalaureate degree in a related business field, students will be qualified for jobs, such as accountant, auditor, financial analyst, management consultant, or marketing consultant.
Requirements for Program Entry
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Satisfactory placement in Entering Student Assessment
Developmental Assistance Available
For students who do not meet basic reading and math requirements or who have other learning issues, extra assistance is readily available through SUNY Ulster’s Learning Center, The Gary and Janaki Math Center, the Writing Center, the Peer and Friend Tutor Program, and English as a Second Language (ESL) tutors.
For More Information
1‐800‐724‐0833 ext. 5018 or 5022
Anita Bleffert‐ Schmidt
Chairperson, Business & Professional Studies
Office: Hasbrouck Hall, HAS 212A
Phone: 800:724‐0833, ext. 5195 or 845:687‐5195